This project was designed as a recreation center for the residents of the Tartan Druim at Tethrow to hold gatherings at and consisted of board form retaining walls, seat walls and firepit, with standard broom finished walks, wheelchair accessible a.d.a. ramps and bocce ball courts. In the summer of 2018, this private gated community welcomed another exciting element to the lifestyle mix: Tartan Place, a central gathering place with barbecues, picnic tables, bocce ball and more than three acres of grass dedicated exclusively to neighborhood homeowners.
Sustainability and the Environment
- Structural Concrete is durable—its lifespan is actually two or three times longer than other common building materials.
- One of the main raw ingredients in concrete is limestone, which is the most abundant mineral on Earth.
- Concrete is great at absorbing and retaining heat, which means it will increase energy efficiency of a building and reduce HVAC expenses.
- Its reflective properties will decrease air-conditioning costs in the hot summer months.
- Concrete produces little waste as it can be produced in batches specific to project needs.